Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chin Siew Ching (Granny)

In Loving Memory of Chin Siew Ching (Granny)
(13 July 1930 - 12 July 2010)

Dear Wai po,
I'm sorry for being a unfilial grand-daughter to you. Sorry for not visiting you often. I know it's too late to say all this. But I'm really thankful to have a such wai po like you. Your classic phrase signature "Si lo zi" give each and everyone a wonderful memory. Everytime when you nag or get scolding from you, you will never failed to say/scold "Si lo zi". And you always mix up me and my sister's name. You will never failed to hold my hands when I visit you. Even though my dialect is very bad, but you will never failed to speak simple chinese to me. Your classic phrase, your classic memory that you give us will remain deep inside my hear. After you're gone, i feel that i'm closer with my cousins again. If i have a chance to choose my next life, i would still choose to be your grand-daughter. Rest in peace, Wai po. Watch over us in haven. You're deeply missed and loved by us, your beloved families.

The photo shown above is the only photo that i had found in my house. Other photos i guessed should be with my aunties. The person who seated in the middle is my granny, she was carrying me. The person on the left is my Sis, the one in yellow shirt is my bro, and the rest are my cousins.

For those who followed me on twitter, should know what happend eariler on this week. Yup, my granny passed away on 12 July 2010, Monday, at 10.05pm. She passed away with the sickness that she suffered, including 2 cancers that she had. When i went to see her after my school ended, she was awake but in consciousness. Her eye were red, staring into space, when you called her she wont response. As time passed on that day, her heartbeat is gardually decreasing. Doctor told us she cant pull through today, anytime will just go off. At 10.05pm, she was annouced dead. At that point of time, i really felt that im a unfilial grand-daughter, and had alots of regrets. But everything is just too late, too late to be a filial grand-daughter, too late to regret.

"Regret, the biggest word in life.. But without that, how will 'treasure' come by" - Choo Yan Ming

It is quite true. Without regrets, we wont treasure. Most Humans being will tend to treasure when they lost something, be it a person that they love, or their beloved pets etc. Well this is hunman being. Alot of people will tend to say or tell themselves "I've lost him/her (or beloved stuffs). I am so regret for not treasuring them. I think now i must treasue the people around me, before it's too late." But say is easier than do. After we said such thing, do we actually act or do whatever we said?